Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pettitte Confesses

On Saturday, Andy Pettitte spoke out about his name being on the Mitchell Report. Pettitte talked to the media, and said all the things a baseball fan wants to hear from their favorite player who was outed by Mitchell. 


"I felt an obligation to get back to my team as soon as possible. For this reason, and only this reason, for two days I tried human growth hormone... That is it -- two days out of my life; two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list. I wasn't looking for an edge. I was looking to heal." 

This does not taint the Yankee Dynasty on the part of Andy Pettitte, but I do know that if Chuck Knoblauch wasn't on the juice, the Yankee dark age (1979-1995) would have probably never ended.

Pettitte goes on:

"I have the utmost respect for baseball and have always tried to live my life in a way that would be honorable. If I have let down people that care about me, I am sorry, but I hope that you will listen to me carefully and understand that two days of perhaps bad judgement should not ruin a lifetime of hard work and dedication. If what I did was an error in judgement in my part, I apologize."

Pettitte is a class act, but I do not, under any circumstances, condone the usage of any type of performance enhancing substances. But I think we can all agree that Andy Pettitte's situation, if what he is saying is true, is much less serious than let's say, Barry Bonds. 

Let's also not forgot Pettitte took HGH when it wasn't on Major League Baseball's banned substances list. 

No comments: